Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Character Guest Post by Bryce Decker of Tough Karma: A Race Against Time by Laura Simmons


For today’s blog post, I’ve asked Bryce Decker from Laura Simmons' Tough Karma: A Race Against Time to tell us more about his beautiful cousin Amber. Without further ado, take it away Bryce…


I must be crazy to talk my beautiful cousin, Amber, into moving in with me. I’m afraid if I leave her alone to grieve over her dead husband and baby, that she will kill herself. It’s only temporary, and once she comes to terms with what has happened, she will move back to her apartment.

My problem is that I’m in love with her and I know that we are not blood relatives. I don’t have proof yet, but a friend of mine is a doctor and my brother, Luke, and Amber’s sister, Jenny, are having a DNA test done to prove we are not related.  It’s embarrassing that they can read me so easily and know how I feel, but at the same time I’m grateful to them. Amber doesn’t know about this, and I’m not going to say anything until I know for a fact that we aren’t biological cousins.

Even though she’s grieving right now, I see the way she looks at me sometimes. Just last night we shared a bottle of wine and a dip in the hot tub and she got tipsy. She confessed that if we weren’t related, she would be all over me. I politely changed the subject for fear I would do something I would later regret, like kiss her.  Those test results can’t get here soon enough. 

Another thing which is bothering me is if Amber and I start a romantic relationship, how much of my past should I confess? 

She doesn’t know that until recently I worked for Luke’s underground gambling club. I was the collector who roughed up people who couldn’t pay their debts to the club. If that wasn’t bad enough, I referred people to Luke’s hitman contacts for a fee. She also doesn’t know that her dead husband, James, came to me to put a hit on her when he found out that she was pregnant. He didn’t want his significant other, Holly, to find out he had been cheating on her. He didn’t know that Amber was my cousin.

If I hadn’t threatened to kill him myself, he might have hired someone else to kill Amber and I couldn’t let that happen. I put the fear of God into him and he married her. I don’t think I’ll say anything. I don’t want her to suffer more emotional pain, and dead men don’t talk anyway. For the record, I didn’t kill James. He dropped dead from a heart attack at work.

It pains me to see Amber so unhappy. I’ll do anything to bring back her smile.




Laura Simmons grew up in northern Virginia and spent most of her career working for various Department of Defense contractors in the Washington, DC area. She has a fascination with all things metaphysical. She enjoys writing, jigsaw puzzles, adult coloring books, vacationing at the beach with her husband, and studying tarot cards and other types of divination systems.






Astral travel and a deadly secret make for a gripping paranormal romance from start to finish.

Amber Macklin's world is cruelly shattered when she loses her baby girl three months after her husband's sudden death. Her cousin, Bryce, comes to her rescue, moving her into his home for fear she will kill herself from the grief. He provides solace and a shoulder to cry on, and he has loved her as more than a cousin for a long time. Amber and Bryce soon discover they are not blood relatives, which opens the door for romance as he pulls her through her darkest hours. When Mike, a college friend of Bryce's, stops by to visit, Amber senses a deadly secret behind his nice guy persona. She has a frightening dream that Mike is trying to kill her and recurring sleepwalking episodes where she draws detailed pictures of him torturing her. Deeply troubled, Bryce uses his ability to astral travel to investigate Mike and uncover his terrifying past. Mike has had his eye on Amber for some time, and when he learns that Bryce and Amber have become lovers, he is furious. Mike abducts Amber and takes her to his rural Georgia hideaway, and Bryce must rely on his astral abilities to track her down. But will he be too late? 


Amazon


Barnes & Noble


No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Author Interview: True Crime Author Emilio Corsetti III #authorinterview

  Emilio Corsetti III is a retired airline pilot and the author of the bestselling nonfiction books 35 Miles From Shore and ...