Thursday, July 13, 2023

Author Guest Post: What Is Flawesome by Kristina Mand-Lakhiani #BecomingFlawesome

Author: Kristina Mand-Lakhiani
Publisher: Hay House
Pages: 280
Genre: Nonfiction

Perfection. We all dream of living by it, feeling it, being it…
And it is in the name of perfection that we demonise our flaws, make ourselves ‘less-than,’ and render ourselves vulnerable to the shame of not being good enough.
We live in a society that subliminally encourages us to wear metaphorical masks, slay our inner sadness, and ignore our imperfections, or as Kristina refers to them, her ‘dragons.’ Even within the world of personal development and spirituality, toxic perfectionism lurks in the shadows.

In Kristina’s upcoming book Becoming Flawesome #BecomingFlawesome, she reflects on her own story, her battle against perfectionism, and what it took for her to return to what she now deems to be her most authentic self. Being described as “10 years worth of therapy in one book,” Becoming Flawsome is a celebration of our whole selves, warts and all, and the glory that is to be found in living in our truth.
Every chapter is closed with reflection points and exercises to encourage the readers to dive deep into the essence of who they truly are, what their values are, and how to navigate an oftentimes overwhelming world.
In this book, Kristina breaks the mould as she takes the reader on a journey through:

  • The dark, controversial side of ‘personal growth,’ and the insecurities that thrive on it
  • Self-care vs self-love, and why you need both
  • What authenticity actually is, beyond the buzz
  • The ‘Hermione Syndrome,’ and how to diagnose if you’re secretly suffering from it
  • How to create aligned lifestyle habits that stick
  • Why the more you judge others, the more you judge yourself
  • Societal masks, and how to remove them from your psyche 
  • Imposter syndrome in the world of high-flyers 
  • Emotional literacy: how to cope with strong, painful emotions healthily


What is Becoming Flawesome? 
 
Being deeply involved in the personal growth industry for 20 years, surrounded by professional friends who have written and published successful books, I always assumed that I would write a book. It seemed like a natural progression within our industry. However, my tendency to be brutally honest with myself presented a challenge. I knew that I would only write a book when I had something meaningful to contribute. This realization took years because I had been focused on my work as an entrepreneur and marketer, helping other authors convey their messages and teaching their methods. It was only after some time that I recognized I had my own unique perspective to share, even if it drew inspiration from the teachings of others. 
 
At a certain point, I felt a strong desire to share a message with the world, and that was the moment I knew I was ready to write the book. I sat down and began the writing process. However, my initial concern was finding the right publisher. Given my deep involvement in the industry, I felt a strong inclination to publish with an exceptional and reputable publisher. I hesitated to publish independently, as I felt it would not align with the ideas I embraced as a co-founder of a prominent company in our field. It dawned on me that if I wanted to write a book about staying true to myself, my values, and authenticity, I needed to do it on my own terms. This realization led me to choose self-publishing, enabling me to make independent decisions about content, writing style, and the order in which it would be presented. The initial version of the book carried a rebellious tone, reflecting this newfound autonomy.
 
However, upon completing the manuscript and preparing for publication, an unexpected opportunity arose. A reputable publisher, one that I had admired for some time, expressed interest in publishing my book. At that point, I felt that my book could benefit from being associated with a well-established publisher like Hay House. I agreed to work with them under the condition that they would allow me to retain my unique and somewhat obstinate style. Although additional editing was done in collaboration with Hay House, the book still maintains some of its unconventional nature. In essence, this book represents a small act of rebellion, which aligns well with its topic. This book will help you to find your way back to your most authentic self, break free from toxic perfectionism, and start living flawesomely - find the courage to be completely honest with yourself, and kindness in your heart to love and accept yourself unconditionally.

 
Kristina Mand-Lakhiani is an international speaker, entrepreneur, artist, philanthropist, and mother of 2 kids. As a co-founder of Mindvalley, a leading publisher in the personal growth industry, Kristina dedicated the last 20 years of her career from teachers like Michael Beckwith, Bob Proctor, Lisa Nichols, and many more. 
 
She started her career in a government office in her native Estonia and, by her mid-20s, achieved a level of success mostly known to male politicians at the end of their careers. It was shortly after that Kristina and her then-husband Vishen founded Mindvalley. From a small meditation business operating out of the couple’s apartment in New York, the company quickly grew into a global educational organization offering top training for peak human performance to hundreds of thousands of students all around the world. 
 
Kristina believes life is too important to be taken seriously and makes sure to bring fun into every one of her roles: as a teacher, mother, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and world traveller. Kristina helps her students to virtually hack happiness by taking them through her unique framework - “Hacking happiness” - a unique framework of balancing your life, taking in every moment, and paying close attention to the small daily choices.  
 
Kristina is also the author of three transformational quests - "7 Days To Happiness", "Live By Your Own Rules.” and "The Art of Being Flawesome". Kristina talks about personal transformation, authenticity, understanding and accepting oneself, and a path to happiness.
 
In July 2023, with the help of Hay House Publishing, Kristina releases her very first book - "Becoming Flawesome" #BecomingFlawesome. In her book, Kristina shares her own journey from being on top of a personal growth empire like Mindvalley to stepping aside, conscious uncoupling from her husband, and walking her path towards being more honest with herself. 

 
Website
Facebook 
LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Author Interview: True Crime Author Emilio Corsetti III #authorinterview

  Emilio Corsetti III is a retired airline pilot and the author of the bestselling nonfiction books 35 Miles From Shore and ...