Thursday, November 26, 2020

Interview with Michaela Weaver Author of THE ALCOHOL CON: HOW TO OUTSMART I


As a TEDx speaker, author, masters qualified coach, science graduate and professional woman, you would think that with all that I’d know better than to find myself addicted to alcohol and stuck in a ‘wine o’clock, weekend binge’ drinking cycle.
But I have since learned how and why we become addicted to alcohol, and how to change that.

I now help women to learn about alcohol, revolutionize their relationships with alcohol and skip, run and jump into a thriving life without alcohol dragging them down.

You’re not weak, incapable or out of control, but maybe like millions of others you were lured in and fell for a highly addictive and insidious drug.



Welcome to Nuttin’ But Books. Can you tell us a little about your book?

The Alcohol Con, (how to outsmart it), helps the reader to understand how and why alcohol has such a prevalent hold on our society. The book exposes and unravels the alcohol con, and is a route map to breaking free.

What is a regular writing day like for you?

I don’t write every day. I am a writer, coach, mentor and business owner, so I cover a lot of bases! When I write a book I like to get my head down and get it done, so I tend to immerse myself and approach it with high motivation.

How long on average does it take you to write a book?

I am quite methodical, and maybe being a scientist is a reason for that. I map out a structure and then fill in the gaps, and so the first draft can come quite quickly. Over a matter of weeks. It’s then the procrastination to go back in and edit and rewrite that takes me longer and I usually take a break before building up the energy to do that!

What is the usual response when you tell a new acquaintance that you’re an author?

‘Oooooh!’ Or ‘I’m going to write a book’ are the most common responses. I think it’s something that a lot of people aspire to do.

What do you do on those days you don’t feel like writing? Do you force it or take a break?

I do a lot of other things in running my business, and I do write most days. It may be creative for an email, a blog post or a new program that I’m writing. 90% of the time I will force myself to write even when I don’t feel creative, and I find that when I start, and relax, my focus is enough for words to start to flow.

What would you do if people around you didn’t take your writing seriously or see it as a hobby?

I think it’s important in life to do what makes you feel happy irrespective of other people. It is also a good idea to join a writing group or club with other like-minded people who know how tough it can be to write, and who share your passion for writing.

Some authors seem to have a love-hate relationship to writing. Can you relate?

It does take a lot of emotional energy and dedication to write and it’s hugely competitive. It’s hard to have aspirations for success and then not see them come full circle. And yet, to be a writer you have to be able to navigate that. I get that there are huge emotional swings with writing. It builds great resilience!

Do you think success as an author must be linked to money?

I think success should be determined on each individual’s base line. For me, having my first novel published by a publishing company and my second winning an indie award were success enough. It is a privilege to have a positive effect on the life of another person and that is my measure of success for The Alcohol Con.

What has writing taught you?

It has certainly added to my sense of discipline and perseverance, and it is also a very calming and mindful thing to do. For a long time I had wanted to write, but being a scientist I didn’t think that I could. It held me back for a long time. When I studied creative writing at university post grad, I remember the moment when the tutor told me that I wrote well. I was ecstatic! I learned then that you can be who you want to be and should kick out fear and follow your dreams!

How can readers discover more about you and your work?

Readers can find me at The Alcohol Coach, where there are articles, videos and programs to help people to understand alcohol, to empower them and to help them take a break or to stop drinking and to thrive in life without it.

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview. What’s next for you?

Next for me is more programs and more ways to reach out to help people outsmart the alcohol con. NO doubt there will be another book or two as well!



In this ground-breaking book, The Alcohol Con is exposed, and unraveled with insight and humour...

THE ALCOHOL CON: HOW TO OUTSMART IT

By Michaela Weaver


Title: THE ALCOHOL CON: HOW TO OUTSMART IT
Author: Michaela Weaver
Publisher: Parker Press Publishing
Pages: 148
Genre: Self-Help

Is drinking having a negative effect on your life? You are not alone!

Millions of strong-minded, capable people find themselves falling victim to the biggest con trick of our time – alcohol!

It lures us with false promises of fun and social acceptability. Instead we find ourselves caught in a cycle of drinking, hangovers, morning regret, and guilt.

Despite being successful in other areas of life, it seems difficult to change our drinking habits. In the face of alcohol it’s easy blame ourselves, and believe we are unable to exercise self-control.

In this ground-breaking book, The Alcohol Con is exposed, and unraveled with insight and humour. Drawing on her own experience, and with a background in science and professional coaching, Michaela Weaver paves the way for you to outsmart the alcohol con, break free and move forward to a bright new sober future.



"This is an amazing book & really worth reading if you have any concerns in anyway about your relationship with alcohol..." 
- 5 Star Amazon Review

 









No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Author Interview: True Crime Author Emilio Corsetti III #authorinterview

  Emilio Corsetti III is a retired airline pilot and the author of the bestselling nonfiction books 35 Miles From Shore and ...