❤Author Interview: Children's Book Author JD Wise

JD Wise is a West Virginian-born author who believes that the world can be changed for the better, by one person, one time, doing the right thing.

“Just think what would happen if we all did that,” said Wise.

Wise is happily married to the love of his life. Together, they have four wonderful children, who are the true inspiration for the book.

Nomophobia is his latest children’s book.

Visit him on Instagram and Facebook.





Thanks for stopping by!  What attracted you to the children's picture book genre?

Because children's books have the ability to offer a sense of joy for the child and can make them want to read.  Reading enhances the imagination.

Do you write in any other genres?

No, I am just interested in writing children's books.  There is something special about writing for a child.  If I can encourage and inspire one child, then that makes


my work rewarding.

What inspired you to write Nomophobia?

The children in my life inspired me to write Nomophobia.  One child that I know told his grandma that he did not need to learn how to tell time.  He said, "If I need to know what time it is, I'll just ask the phone."   This got the wheels turning.  Next, I was sitting at the doctor's office (which was packed) and a child was being called in and refused to go until the game on the phone was over.  I couldn't believe it. It was like they didn't even notice that their name was called. 

Can you give us your book blurb so others can find out what your book is about?

This is a somewhat true, mostly exaggerated story of modern-day children - children who have spent way too much time on their phones.  One night the children are mysteriously turned into ogres.  At first, the children blame each other for their condition.  When they finished blaming each other, the worked together to find a cure.  

How can readers discover more about you and your work?

Facebook

and on instagram:

@achildcalledyoubook

You can visit me at...

Goodreads.com

Where can readers buy your book?

https://www.amazon.com/Nomophobia-JD-Wise/dp/B09DFJQHV5

https://www.target.com/p/a-child-called-you-by-jd-wise-hardcover/-/A-82974871 

A Child Called You|Hardcover

You can pick up a copy of my book at...

Amazon

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.. What's next for you?

Definitely another book or two.  I want to make a difference in this world and I believe that writing to children is the best way to do that.  

 

 

❤Inside the Pages: THE BEST LIFE BOOK CLUB by Sheila Roberts #bookspotlight #insidethepages

  Karissa Newcomb is ready for a new start in a new neighborhood, as far away as she can get from Seattle, where her husband che...