Sunday, December 26, 2021

❤Author Interview: Self-Help Author Erik Lewin


Erik Lewin
 is the author of three books – This is How I Spell GriefAnimal Endurance, and Son of Influence – as well as numerous essays published in Ponder Review, GNU Journal, David Magazine, Real Vegas Magazine &Literate Ape. Erik is also a stand-up comedian who performs in clubs and venues around the country. He formerly practiced law as a criminal defense attorney in New York City and Los Angeles. He is at work on a new one-man show loosely based on This is How I Spell Grief.

Erik lives in Las Vegas with his wife and their furry pets.

Visit his website at www.eriklewincomedy.com or connect with him on Facebook and Goodreads.




Thanks for stopping by!  What attracted you to the self-help genre?

I was inspired to write this book to hopefully help people with their experience.

Do you write in any other genres? 

Yes. I’ve published a novel, Son of Influence, as well as a collection of


poems, Animal Endurance: 100 Poems To Keep You Company.

What inspired you to write This Is How I Spell Grief: A Guide To Healing From Loss And Finding Fulfillment

I was unnerved at how I couldn’t find any books on grief to help me. I don’t believe in phases and stages and such nonsense. I wanted to write a realistic work that got down in the dirt, so to speak, in describing the experience in a relatable way. I feel this approach has the power to help people.

Can you give us your book blurb so others can find out what your book is about?

A simple investigation of one’s feelings reveal that the tides of emotion do not stop at our command. For example, years later, I am upset with myself for the following conundrum: it hurts when I remember my parents, and it hurts when I don’t. I feel guilty and conflicted because when I do remember, there comes the pain of missing them; so sometimes I run away from my mother and father’s memory like a frightened child, only to hate myself for leaving them behind.

Sometimes I feel tempted to look through mom’s clothes, to feel closer, though I don’t think I should wear them! Imagine I came out to dinner in mom’s black mink coat and jewelry? I just don’t think that’s really me! But the pull, the attraction to wearing her things is an understandable one. There’s such a strong desire to feel as close as possible. The question remains open for each of us—how to go about this—and the ways we try may change over time.

How can readers discover more about you and your work?

www.eriklewincomedy.com

FB: Erik Lewin

You can visit me at…. www.eriklewincomedy.com

Where can readers buy your book?  

https://www.amazon.com/This-How-Spell-Grief-Fulfillment/dp/B09D8NJ6MK/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Erik+Lewin&qid=1636926088&qsid=133-7722470-5380703&s=audible&sr=1-1&sres=B09D8NJ6MK%2CB07K97T68F%2CB09FYKFH1M%2CB08BJCB1XN&srpt=ABIS_BOOK

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/this-is-how-i-spell-grief-erik-lewin/1139797275?ean=9781098380427

You can pick up a copy of my book in paperback, ebook or audiobook at the above referenced online vendors.

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview. What’s next for you?

A one-man show loosely based on the book, with plenty of humor!

 Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Author Interview: True Crime Author Emilio Corsetti III #authorinterview

  Emilio Corsetti III is a retired airline pilot and the author of the bestselling nonfiction books 35 Miles From Shore and ...