Tuesday, January 23, 2024

❤Author Interview: 'Going There: Tales from the Riviera and Beyond' Donna Fletcher Crow #travel

 


Donna Fletcher Crow, Novelist of British History, is an award-winning author who has published some 50 books in a career spanning more than 40 years. Her best-known work is Glastonbury, The Novel of Christian England, a grail search epic depicting 1500 years of British history. The Celtic Cross is a 10-book series covering the history of Scotland and England from the 6th to the 20th century. 

Crow writes 3 mystery series: The Monastery Murders, contemporary clerical mysteries with clues hidden deep in the past; Lord Danvers Investigates, Victorian true-crime stories within a fictional setting; and The Elizabeth and Richard literary suspense series, featuring various literary figures. Where There is Love is a 6-book biographical novel series of leaders of the early Evangelical Anglican movement. The Daughters of Courage is a semi-autobiographical trilogy family saga of Idaho pioneers.

Reviewers routinely praise the quality of her writing and the depth of her research. Crow says she tries never to write about a place she hasn’t visited and one of her goals in writing is to give her readers a you-are-there experience.

Donna and her husband of 60 years live in Boise, Idaho. They have 4 children and 15 grandchildren, and she is an avid gardener.

Author Links  

Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads


 

Thanks for stopping by, Donna!  What attracted you to the travel memoir genre?

As with my novels, it's almost always the setting that grabs me first. I didn't at all set out on this journey with an idea of writing a book, but as we traveled to such amazing places and had such lovely experiences in the midst of the Covid pandemic, I began to realize how extraordinary it all was and wanted to share it with my readers. It seemed to work well to do direct travel memoir to set the scene for the short stories each place suggested.


And then, there was the fun of exploring a new genre after 40+ years of writing.

In your book, Going There: Tales From the Riviera and Beyond, was there a particular story that just grabbed at your heart more than the others?

My stories are rather like my children--my favorite is always the one I'm with at the moment. The two with a fantasy element: "The Ghost boy" and "Worlds Converge" were perhaps the most fun to write because imaginary literature is a somewhat new genre for me.

Do you write in any other genres?

I am best known as a novelist, especially of British history and mystery, usually with a dollop of romance. I have also written plays and a few other short stories. I admire writers who can develop a series and stay with it for many years, but I enjoy variety in my writing and my reading.

Can you give us your book blurb so others can find out what your book is about?

In the summer of 2021 amidst a world-wide pandemic, Donna Fletcher Crow, her daughter-in-law, and granddaughter managed to slip through a narrow window of calm for a remarkable journey to France and Switzerland. And much to Donna’s surprise and delight, she was accompanied on the undertaking by characters from several of her novel series—who had adventures of their own.

Going There, Tales from the Riviera and Beyond, is an account of a memorable travel experience in the real world and the fictional. It takes the reader to places physical and imaginary, and like all good books, expands our universe.

How can readers discover more about you and your work?

I welcome readers to visit my website where they can find all my books, see photos from my research albums and my garden, and subscribe to my newsletter. Those who choose to subscribe will receive a free book from my Lord Danvers Investigates Victorian True-crime series.

Readers can also follow me on Facebook or visit my Amazon Author's page.

Where can readers buy your book?

All editions of Going There, Tales from the Riviera and Beyond, are available on Amazon. Please note that the Kindle edition is full color, the paperback is black and white, and the special hardback gift edition is full color, so there are plenty of choices.

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview. What’s next for you?

It's been a joy to be here, thank you for giving me a chance to visit with your readers. 

My next project is a story I have been wanting to tell since I visited the Hebrides Islands in 2001. It will be #7 in my Monastery Murders series, titled A Wind in the Hebrides--hopefully out in November, 2024.



No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Author Interview: True Crime Author Emilio Corsetti III #authorinterview

  Emilio Corsetti III is a retired airline pilot and the author of the bestselling nonfiction books 35 Miles From Shore and ...