Sunday, September 18, 2022

❤Author Interview: Middle Grade Fantasy Author Mike DiCerto #authorinterview #middlegrade #fantasy #blogtour @mikedicerto @pumpupyourbook

 


Since his childhood Mike Di Certo has always harvested his work from the abundant crop of his imagination. From the wild and hilarious Rock and Roll space adventure Milky Way Marmalade, to the child-like wonder of his middle grade series, The Adventures of Rupert Starbright (The Door to Far-Myst, The Secret of My-Myst and The Ghosts of Winter Joy) Michael’s passions play out on the pages. His love of animals, his family, gardening, travel, movies, VR, history, Yoga, reading and music guide and influence his life and his writing.

His latest book is the middle grade fantasy novel, A Nick of Time.

Visit his website at www.ruperstarbright.com or connect with him on Twitter and Facebook.



Thanks for stopping by!  What attracted you to the middle grade fantasy genre?

   

I love the freedom of letting my imagination fly and leave the jaded cynicism on the side of the road. I never write down to my audience. I have found adults enjoy my books as much as kids. 



Do you write in any other genres?


I write science fiction (humorous and serious) as well as YA Science fiction.


What inspired you to write A NICK OF TIME?


I was pondering Book 4 of my Adventures of Rupert Starbright series. I had about 3 different possible stories started. A screenplay I had written 20 years earlier, called THE ZODIACS, kept luring me back. I loved the idea of using the characters of the Zodiac in a musical way. I pitched it to Willette Klausner, the producer who had optioned the first three books of the series and she raved about it. So that was motivation enough to run with it. 


Can you give us your book blurb so others can find out what your book is about?


It’s New Year’s Eve in Graysland, but when the final second fails to come Rupert Starbright finds his entire town frozen in time. Rupert and his school crush Rainn Evertree must travel to the Land of Annum to retrieve the stolen second from the nasty and evil Epoch. They will travel a wild, imaginative, and musical world where all the characters of the Zodiac join Rainn in helping Rupert in his most colorful and challenging adventure yet!


How can readers discover more about you and your work?


You can visit me at www.rupertstarbright.com


Where can readers buy your book?


AMAZON: https://smile.amazon.com/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3AMike+Dicerto&s=relevancerank&text=Mike+Dicerto&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1


ZUMAYA PUBLICATIONS:


https://www.zumayapublications.com/zp-authors/mike-dicerto/



Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview. What’s next for you?


I have a few projects in the works. The next Adventures of Rupert Starbright book and a sequel to my first book Milky Way Marmalade. I am deeply involved with the producers working to turn Rupert Starbright’s first book into a major motion picture.  I also do a podcast called The Stoops of Atlantis which tells true stories of my life growing up in East Harlem in the 1970s and 80s. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Author Interview: True Crime Author Emilio Corsetti III #authorinterview

  Emilio Corsetti III is a retired airline pilot and the author of the bestselling nonfiction books 35 Miles From Shore and ...