Monday, August 28, 2017

AUTHOR INTERVIEW / SHAWN D. BRINK AUTHOR OF THE SPACE BETWEEN TRILOGY


Shawn was born in Clovis New Mexico, but grew up in Norfolk, Nebraska. He currently resides in Papillion, Nebraska. Besides writing, he enjoys playing the guitar, worshiping Jesus in church, and spending time with his wife and children.

Shawn has been writing fiction since he has been old enough to hold a pencil. His first stories were written back in the day when his parents and siblings were his entire fan-base.

Shawn is currently building a following with three novels and one novelette to his name. In addition, he has had numerous short stories published in various magazine and online publications.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK



About the Book:

Title: THE SPACE BETWEEN
Author: Shawn D. Brink
Publisher: Martin Sisters Publishing
Pages: 330
Genre: Christian/fantasy/apocalyptic thriller trilogy

BOOK BLURB: 
When Hunter and his wife Nora begin to have nightmarish visions of evil and death, they feel driven to find what truth lies behind them. But the truth that they find is terrifying.

The enemy they must face is powerful and unless defeated, will mean the end of the world as they know it.

Only by standing firm and relying on each other as well as on God, can they achieve victory.

But is victory even possible?

For Hunter and Nora, only time can reveal these answers.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Other Books:

Title: THE DEVIL’S REVENGE
Author: Shawn D. Brink
Publisher: Martin Sisters Publishing
Pages: 378
Genre: Christian/fantasy/apocalyptic thriller trilogy

BOOK BLURB:
In this, the second book of the series, the devil attacks mankind in order to become their supreme ruler. He enlists a witch named Millie to be his earthly servant as well as a sacred number of seven demons who help him in waging his war.

Most humans are oblivious to the devil’s plan. It is up to a woman named Alice and Garrett, her pastor to protect the human race from becoming subject to the devil’s rule.

They cannot succeed without God’s help, but has God abandoned them? Only time can reveal these answers.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon | Barnes & Noble



Title: HELL ON EARTH
Author: Shawn D. Brink
Publisher: Gabriel’s Horn Press
Pages: 252
Genre: Christian/fantasy/apocalyptic thriller trilogy

BOOK BLURB:
In this, the final book of the Space Between series, Satan deceives the nations. For those who accept him as their god, he provides. But not all bow before him. Those who refuse to submit to the Devil’s rule find themselves fighting against all the powers of Hell.

Thus begins the greatest struggle between good and evil that the world has ever known.

ORDER YOUR COPY:





What’s inside the mind of a Christian/fantasy/apocalyptic thriller author?

I have so many stories bopping around in my skull that I sometimes have trouble concentrating on anything else. I find that getting those stories out of my head and onto paper eases the pressure within. So I write them out for your entertainment and my sanity.

What is so great about being an author?

Nothing compares to doing what you are passionate about. It’s not work if you love it. I have been blessed with the ability to do what I love.

When do you hate it? I only hate it when it’s not what I am doing. Of course, then it’s not so much that I hate it, but more that I hate the fact I have to do anything else.

What is a regular writing day like for you?

Mon – Fri:
5:15am             Writing (J)
8:45am             go to my day job (L)
6:30pm             get home from work and see my family (J)
8:00pm             market my writing/write/blog/network/set up events/anything else related to writing (J)
9:30pm             spend more time with family (J)
10:30pm           Go to bed (dream about writing) (J)

Sat
Spend each available moment either with family, writing, or doing Saturday things like grocery shop, go on a family outing, and the like. (J)
Sun                 
Rest (minimal writing – more time with family and with God (J))

As you can see, most of my week is busy and spent happy.

How do you handle negative reviews?

As a writer, you have to be like a good piece of chocolate. Maintain that soft center while developing a hard exterior shell. Take criticism as constructive if possible, but don’t let it destroy you.

How do you handle positive reviews?

Say a prayer of thanks. Then I usually do a happy dance. I also try to pay it forward if I can.

What is the usual response when you tell a new acquaintance that you’re an author?

Initial response is surprise. Then, once they get to know me, they discover that I am a little screwy in the head and then they usually say that my profession makes sense. Often times, once somebody finds out what I do, a discussion about my books/publishers/editors, etc. starts up which is pretty cool. People in general are very intrigued to learn about the writing industry.

What do you do on those days you don’t feel like writing? Do you force it or take a break?

I can’t say I have ever felt like not writing. I suppose once when I was sick with the flu, I didn’t feel like writing much. That day I took a break.

Any writing quirks?

I don’t know if obsession is considered quirky. I am obsessed with writing. It’s the one thing I don’t think I could ever get tired of doing.

What would you do if people around you didn’t take your writing seriously or see it as a hobby?

I am fortunate. My wife and children have always taken me seriously as a writer. However, even if they did act as if it was only a hobby, I would have to tune out that white noise and “keep on keepin on”. (quote by Joe Dirt)

Some authors seem to have a love-hate relationship to writing. Can you relate?

Writing itself is strictly a love affair. Sometimes the associated marketing of my books gets a little exhausting, but I do it nonetheless because marketing means increased sales and increased sales means more success in writing. Thus the circle is complete.

Do you think success as an author must be linked to money?

No. However the royalty checks are much appreciated.

What has writing taught you? Never give up on your dreams. Find a way to do what you love. Because the more you do it the better you will be. And the better you are at writing, then the more successful you will become.

Leave us with some words of wisdom.
-         In general – John 3:16.
-         Specific to writing – don’t ever stop doing what you love. DON’T EVER STOP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Author Interview: True Crime Author Emilio Corsetti III #authorinterview

  Emilio Corsetti III is a retired airline pilot and the author of the bestselling nonfiction books 35 Miles From Shore and ...