Monday, July 20, 2020

Interview with Daryl-Jarod Author of Pain In My Heart

Daryl-Jarod is an Amazon best-selling author, recording artist, and actor. Born and raised in Hopkins, South Carolina, he always had big dreams of pursuing a career in entertainment.

As a child he’d write short stories and songs, which later aided him in transitioning into the talented storyteller he is today. His writing career all began with a short poem he composed in third grade entitled, “My Teacher is Neat”, which was selected to be featured in a publication of poems from talented students throughout the state. The encouragement of his mother, teachers, and peers, pushed him to continue writing.

Years later, he is now the author of Silk, an acclaimed erotic series that debuted atop of Amazon’s Best-Seller Erotica charts. With many more book releases in the works, he has also displayed his skills as a singer-songwriter and rapper on his debut mixtape, “The Liberation of Daryl-Jarod”. Despite consistently maintaining a busy schedule, he always kept his acting goals in sight as he graduated from Coker College with a BA in Theatre Performance.

Daryl-Jarod is hard at work promoting his latest and most personal offering, Pain in My Heart.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Website: www.daryljarod.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/daryljarod
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daryljarodrandolph

 





Welcome to Nuttin’ But Books. Tell us a little about you and your writing background?

I’m a best-selling author, recording artist, and actor. I’ve literally been writing all my life. My first poem was published while in fourth grade, thanks to my teacher. From there, I started writing short stories in my free time and would even share them with my classmates. Fast forward to now, and I’m the author of seven published books.

Tell us about your book?

Pain in My Heart is definitely my most personal book to date. It’s a poetry book centered around my love life and past experiences. I’d describe it as a raw and unfiltered heart-to-heart of all the events that have shaped me into who I am today.

What is a regular writing day like for you?

I have no set schedule. I’ve learned to set goals, but also to allow myself to go with the flow. If I’m unable to finish a goal on a certain day, I’ll just aim to write a little more the following day.

How long on average does it take you to write a book?

Oh gosh! That depends. Pain in My Heart took forever! I’d say it took almost two years to complete it. However, it only took a month to write a previous book, Silk: Vol. 2: Steamy Tales of Love & Lust. So, it all depends on my mindset and what I have going on.

What is the usual response when you tell a new acquaintance that you’re an author?

Most people are interested right off the bat. I tell them my name or the book title and then they immediately find me online. It’s nice being able to reach people that quickly.

What do you do on those days you don’t feel like writing? Do you force it or take a break?

I’ve tried to force it in the past, but that usually gives me too much dialogue. I’ll end up just fleshing out a conversation between characters. Breaks help sometimes. If not, I give my brain a rest and try to resume the following day.

What would you do if people around you didn’t take your writing seriously or see it as a hobby?

I’ve learned there’s nothing I can do to please everyone. For the most part, everyone around me is supportive. I choose to not focus on those who don’t take me seriously.

Some authors seem to have a love-hate relationship to writing. Can you relate?

Most definitely! Especially on those days when I have writer’s block. On the other hand, there are days when everything flows just right and the story fleshes out exactly how I envisioned. Now, those days can be quite joyful.

Do you think success as an author must be linked to money?

I don’t. I mean, if you’re a full-time author and it’s your only source of income, money from your work is definitely important. But I do feel success is about much more than money. Personally, when someone approaches me and tells me how much they loved a book or how it may have affected them, that’s success for me.

What has writing taught you?

Writing has taught me there’s so much power in your words. You have the ability to touch someone’s heart and impact their mind, all with the use of a pen and paper.

How can readers discover more about you and your work?

Readers can follow me on Instagram and Twitter @daryljarod. Or visit my website at daryljarod.com.

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview. 
What’s next for you?

Of course! Thanks so much for the interview! Right now, I’m still promoting Pain in My Heart. I have a podcast devoted solely to promoting the book, the Pain in My Heart Podcast. Readers can find that on Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts. I’m also busy promoting my single, “Don’t Take Ur Love Away”, now available on all streaming platforms!


 Pain In My Heart is available to purchase at the following online stores:
Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Pain-My-Heart-Daryl-Jarod/dp/1945748133/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
B&N:
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pain-in-my-heart-daryl-jarod/1133198672?ean=9781945748134
iBooks: https://books.apple.com/us/book/pain-in-my-heart/id1477992371
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=dVO6DwAAQBAJ&rdid=book-dVO6DwAAQBAJ&rdot=1&source=gbs_atb&pcampaignid=books_booksearch_atb
Kobo:
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/pain-in-my-heart-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Author Interview: True Crime Author Emilio Corsetti III #authorinterview

  Emilio Corsetti III is a retired airline pilot and the author of the bestselling nonfiction books 35 Miles From Shore and ...