❤Author Interview: Middle Grade/Young Adult Author S.G. Basu #authorinterview #MG #YA #blogtour @fromsgbasu @pumpupyourbook

 



S.G. Basu is an aspiring potentate of a galaxy or two. She plots and plans with wondrous machines, cybernetic robots, time travelers and telekinetic adventurers, some of whom escape into the pages of her books. Although she’s an engineer by training, writing has been her passion since childhood. Her other loves include extra-hot lattes, fast cars and binge watching sci-fi movies.

Find out more about the futuristic worlds she creates at sgbasu.com. She can also be reached at sg@sgbasu.com.

Books by S.G. Basu:

The Lightbound Saga series (YA Dystopian Science Fiction)

Maia and the Xifarian Conspiracy

Maia and the Secrets of Zagran

Maia and Regency Protocol

The Lightbound Saga 3 Book Bundle

The Firefly League-A Lightbound Saga novella

Elementals-The Serial Thriller (Paranormal Science Fiction)

Population Morpheus (Near Apocalyptic Science Fiction)

Jumpers (Paranormal Thriller)

You can visit the author’s website at www.sgbasu.com or connect with her on Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads.

 

 

Thank you for this interview!  I’d like to know more about you as a person first.  What do you do when you’re not writing?

S.G.: Thank you for having me! Middle grade and young adult has always been my favorite genre to read. There is something special about these years. Not only do these transformative years make us into the adults we grow up to be, but these are also the most magical and wonderful times of our lives. Enid Blyton's boarding school stories have been a staple of mine while growing up and being a boarding school kid myself, I know how

special the friendships made during these years are. So, when I thought of writing a book (series), middle grade came naturally to me. I wanted to show the coming-of-age journey of these children, all from backgrounds as different as could be, coming together and finding each other and building friendships, transforming themselves in the process.

Do you write in any other genres?

S.G.: I write in various subgenres of science fiction and fantasy. I have a time-traveling superhero series Jumpers, and a paranormal science fiction series The Elementals. I also have a dystopian short story collection, Population Morpheus. Another of my books is The Eternity Prophecy, a Kindle Scout winner, which is a science fiction thriller.

What inspired you to write your story?

Very simply, disappointment and frustration. Here goes the story behind the story: I used to be a happy telecommunications professional before I became a writer. I was hooked on an anime show at one time, and its ending (specifically, the arcs for several characters) was a huge letdown for me. I felt robbed of a perfect conclusion and was so upset that I stopped watching the show (to this day, refuse to watch, read, or hear anything about the show). However, after spending a few weeks stewing over what was, in my opinion, an utterly unsatisfactory ending, I realized a few things. While I had the right to be upset, the writers wrote their story and ended it as they saw fit. The only way I could have an ending I wanted was if I was the writer, writing my own story. That was when I decided. I was going to write my own story.


A few months and some planning and plotting later, The Lightbound Saga was born.

Can you give us your series blurb so that others can find out what your book is about?


S.G.: Maia wants out, destiny has other plans.

Thirteen-year-old Maia has spent most of her life trying to escape her past. When a chance encounter lands her in a dubious peace initiative, she has to walk down a road she had hoped never to tread. Unwillingly, Maia begins a journey that takes her to the galaxy-roving planet-spaceship of Xif, the underwater cities of the reclusive Jjord, and across the fallen civilization of the Solianese. Little does she know that the real truth about her long-deceased mother is somewhere down this path, that hidden within her is a key to the survival of her planet and even more.

But before she gets to that, Maia will discover true friendship, face an unimaginable evil, and fight her deepest fears to save the world she loves.

A planet on the brink of extinction. An enemy from the dark side of the universe. Only one girl and her secret stand between them.

The Lightbound Saga is an MG/YA science fiction series that features non-stop action, unexpected plot twists, captivating characters, and a spunky heroine. If you like fast-paced adventure, thrilling new worlds, and epic storylines, then you’ll love this page-turning coming-of-age series from author S. G. Basu. 

How can readers discover more about you and your work??

My website: sgbasu.com
 
Where can readers discover more about you and your book?
What's next for you? 

Thank you very much for hosting me.

Completing this series is a big milestone (six books, 3000 pages, 800,000 words) so I hope to relax a bit after this. However, I know that is not going to happen. I run a micro-press (Dreamweaver Press) and I have to get another set of titles ready for publication soon. I also have an idea of another YA adventure series brewing in my head, and I plan to get that started in 2023. In between all this, I also plan to add to the three existing series I have. So, a lot is on the way. Stay tuned!

 


❤Inside the Pages: THE BEST LIFE BOOK CLUB by Sheila Roberts #bookspotlight #insidethepages

  Karissa Newcomb is ready for a new start in a new neighborhood, as far away as she can get from Seattle, where her husband che...